Sunday, March 10, 2013

SNL after-party and casually getting bronchitis

Things have been really crazy. I started coaching last Sunday, got Bronchitis (and still technically have it), and have been eating out a lot. That is the short version.

The long version of what I have been up to (in no particular order):
- Applying for jobs like a crazy person... or a college Senior looking for a job. They may be one in the same. It is stressing me out. The whole figuring out how to earn money thing.
- I am going to start apartment hunting with Michelle and Shelly in April.
- I am figuring out my Spring Break plans. So far, they involve ordering a ton of bagels to take to Wisconsin, sleeping on a very long car ride in and out of Ithaca to drop my brother off at school, and sleeping at home. I might have to go into work if I don't finish enough stuff this week- TBC...
- I did finally buy groceries yesterday (and did laundry!). It was magical. I went to the 23rd St Trader Joe's and the store is beautiful, large, and has a great selection. It is .1 miles further away from me than the terrifying Union Square one. I tried shopping at other grocery stores, but other ones are too big and expensive or have too many choices. This last week, I literally ran out of food and didn't even care. #adulthood
- Walked to the Highline only to realize I went too late with my friend and it was closed. We resorted to going into Chelsea Market instead and she got a Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookie, which the NYT apparently ranked as the best cookie in America. Liliana and I thought that it would have been the best cookie if it was warm with milk- or if Liliana made the cookies herself (because it is more fun when you make the cookies yourself/ when your roommate bakes cookies in your kitchen).
- It is sunny outside!!!
- Went to an SNL after-party that started at 3:30 am (lol! what?). My friend Michelle invited me, Shelly, and Adrian out (partially because Justin Timerberlake was supposed to show, but he didn't. There were some other famous people there, though. It happened.). It was at a venue called The Cutting Room, which was really cool. The people who work at SNL are beautiful and it reminded me of my longing to be part of the beautiful people- but maybe I was for those few hours. Anyways, there was a bar and karaoke and lots of pretty people. You know, normal things. Like going to an SNL after party. It was casual.
- I have been sick for 2.5 weeks. This is ridiculous. I still technically have bronchitis and feel better than I have in the past few days. I have my voice back and keep coughing. I also want to sleep all the time, but I think that might just be me being tired about life vs. tired because I am sick. On the other hand, I have not taken any time off from work or school or missed anything since I have been sick, so maybe it is my fault for being sick because I should be resting my body more. Who knows?
- I went to a Shabbat dinner (again- look at me being Jewish!) because two of my friends invited me. It was free food and I saw lots of people from my Birthright trip, which was nice.
- I am still doing some coding. I need to get on that. So far, I know the basics of Javascript, CSS, and HTML. I need to hone my skills a bit more.
- I went to a fundraiser for the movie Michelle is producing. The fundraiser was at Brad's and I won the raffle/ got a Bareburger gift card, so we are going there for lunch on Monday. I like food. I also ate some of the free Insomnia cookies at the fundraisers, which seems to have been a theme of this last week (free Insomnia cookies- way way way too many).
- It was Cupcake Day once again at work. I got the Red Velvet. I felt like I ate too much after, but YOLOs is how I feel about it.
- Ate out with friends at Hummus Place, Financier, Argo, Starbucks (2 times- I am a cray cray child- but just got tea [so it was acceptable since I was sick]), Tacombi (it was delicious- like tears of life delicious), Green Symphony, Hard Rock Cafe, and Naya (expensive Midtown Lebanese restaurant).
- Went to a job fair expo thing at Wasserman. #whatismyliferightnow?
- Coughed my way out of a meeting for 7 minutes straight, then had to leave a giant lecture hall 3 times because I was coughing so hard. At least 100 people probably will forever recognize me as 'that-girl-who-coughed-really-hard-that-one-time-in-RFA-and-it-was-terrible.' I guess that means I have a reputation now?

No comments:

Post a Comment