Monday, December 3, 2012

Hunter Valley and my brain turning to mush

Saturday,  I spent the day in Hunter Valley, which is wine country of NSW.  It was gorgeous and wonderful and NYU paid for everything. Can't complain. I also got licorice. It was a good day. Since I last wrote, I have finished 3/4 final papers (each about 10 pages) and finished all of my other assignments/ readings for the semester as of Sunday. I spent all of this morning 9:30-3 with two 10 minute breaks citing and organizing my final paper. I actually wrote very little, which is really depressing. On the bright side, I know exactly what I am going to write and how I will cite it. I even have an Appendix. On the other hand, I would have stayed longer at the library had my brain not entirely turned to mush, I forgot how to spell, my hand and pointer finger began to ache of clicking too much, and I could barely see straight out of my red-rimmed eyes. I looked like a hot mess. So, instead of stumbling back to my room, I walked over to the academic center, which is pretty close to the library and the wifi works better with the proxy. On the short walk over, I felt like I was going to pass out from lack of brain function and possibly forgetting how to walk, but my inner fat kid's neurons were still firing normally so I got an orange poppy seed muffin. It was like mana from heaven. Currently, I am sitting in the Science House using the wifi, sipping green tea, and half watching the new episode of Once. Once Once is over, I will work a little more on my paper because I am regaining brain function and can now see straight (yayyyyy!). After that, the kids in Creative Writing are going to do a reading and there will be food. Also also also, still working on the internship/ winter break plans thing. Will keep my 1.5 readers in Russia updated.

A domani!

No comments:

Post a Comment