Thursday, November 29, 2012

Registration, Gelato, Boomalli, and Being Responsible

I know. What is this responsibility thing? I will get to that later...

 I finally registered for classes this week and it was nearly disastrous, but I have to wait to register for one last class (that I might end up dropping anyway) until next week. Tuesday was also my last day volunteering at Sydney Story Factory :( On the bright side, I got invited to a holiday party there for right before I leave.

Wednesday, NYU took me out on another date- this time to Darling Harbor. We went to this cute restaurant called BlackBird and I got a lamb salad with pumpkin and other delicious things. After, we walked over to Gelato Messina and it was amazing. I was going to wait to go for my birthday, but who says no to gelato? I got a scoop of Drunky Money (rum and banana).

Thursday, I went on my last required academic field trip!!! It was for Aboriginal Art (not surprising) to an artist co-op called Boomalli in the suburb Leichhardt. The artists we met were incredibly nice, funny, and genuine- everything all of the other people who spoke to us were not. It was really refreshing to talk to them and here their perspective of Aboriginal art politics because they seemed to have the most rational mind set- if you don't like the way people are doing something, do it yourself. Love. It also majorly helped me gather evidence for a paper I am working on. When I returned to my room, I thought I would do some homework, but I watched a trashy British scripted 'reality' tv show on Hulu and went to sleep.

Today is Friday- aka the day I am responsible... So why am I writing this blog post? Because I like to procrastinate effectively. Today, I woke up and immediately started working on homework, wrote some scathing evaluations of NYU Sydney to NYU, and spent the day at the State Library trying to write my Aboriginal Art paper. I officially finished two final assignments of four. I am done with the research for the other two and am about 3/4 done with the Aboriginal Art paper I am working on. I should be done with it by tonight, which will bring me one step closer to freedom/ being able to actually spend time in Australia without worrying about homework. The plan for the weekend is to go to Hunter Valley (wine country) with NYU as my sugar daddy date (paying for everything). Sunday, I will either go to the beach or lock myself indoors to write my final final paper. We will see.

Life is pretty good. Can't complain. Winter break plans still in the air and working on getting my internship for next semester is happening, but really slowwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

A domani, ragazzi :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment