Thursday, November 8, 2012

Crashing meetings, some famous art, and kayaking

After coming back from the Great Barrier Reef, I have been sick- no fun. I have been drinking tons of liquids and soup and all that- but I tend to drink tons of water and soup on a regular basis, so it is whatever. In other news, it is not snowing in Sydney like it is in NYC and Obama won! I sent in my absentee ballot a while ago, but I technically voted for the first time and my candidate won in both CT and nationwide! The only thing I am not really happy about is that California rejected genetically modified food labeling, but this can always change in the future.

This week, I have also continued to volunteer and also manage to crash a community garden meeting, which actually worked perfectly in terms of doing research for a piece I am doing for journalism. Wednesday was election fever and my brother's birthday (and the day my Global Media professor followed me on Twitter). Thursday, my pop star Australian Society professor Toby Martin of Youthgroup serenaded the class as everyone suddenly perked up to pay attention. For my Aboriginal Art class, I visited Roslyn Oxley9 art gallery, which was actually pretty cool. It is one of the most famous galleries in Sydney and has tons of famous pieces from Australian artists like Tracey Moffatt and Destiny Deacon. The only downside is that now I have to write a paper for the class, which I am dreading in my brain, even though I like my topic and did most of the research already. It should be fine, but I stress unnecessarily.

Today, I am kayaking at Rose Bay, which should be nice. Other things I am doing include applying for several different things and it is nerve wracking to wait to hear back from so many different people, but that is part of the deal. I also have many more field trips coming up. Hopefully, I will feel better soon because it is hard to do all this stuff when I feel so bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment