Sunday, February 24, 2013

Things that resemble middle school dances and other regressions

I am such a kid. Continuously shocking people when I tell them how old I actually am, which reminds me of the saying "A baby shark is still a shark." True that home  skillet. I think the theme of this week was not feeling like doing anything (but actually doing everything). Another big theme was free food, which I am a big fan of.

Anyways, here is a short (short is relative) list of things I forgot to blog about and did this week:
- Ate some (free) candy like a kindergartener.
- Got free dinner from Schnippers. Their salads are mad delicious.
- Attended a #SMW talk at the Bloomberg building called Innovate or Die. It was really interesting and I am happy I went. The Bloomberg building is also really beautiful- plus there was tons of free food (which I am always a fan of).
- Ate more food with friends, like my friend Gabbie who went to Iceland to see the Northern Lights for the long weekend (lol- what?).
- Participated in a marketing experiment (required for class) that confirmed my belief that it was going to be a waste of time.
- Met with people for group projects- since when do I have group projects for school? I must be in Kindergarten.
- Went to a PR panel talk. Interesting, but way way way too long.
- Went to lunch at the Red Lobster in Times Square. It was LOL. Big time. The food was decent. They were RIDICULOUSLY sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww, though.
- Did a little more coding. I now know how to make ordered lists, put up links and pictures, and change fonts/ backgrounds/ colors/ etc. of text. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
- Ate some more food on an epic friday night. I went with Lilliana to Angelica Kitchen and we both got Wee Dragon Bargains (bread, spread, soup, and a huge plate of colorful, healthy stuff). Two businessmen sitting next to us complimented our ordering skills. It was special. Anyways, we went to Spot for dessert and waited forever! I got the Green Tea Lava Cake and Lilliana got this Yuzu Eskimo(?) thing that was also mad delish. Good life choices, but WAY too much food for one night. Good stuff.
- Hung out with Michelle and met her brother who has a very similar personality. Very funny.
- Violet Ball. I dressed up and looked cute, but actually, it felt like a middle school dance (not that I actually had middle school dances). However, the food was good and I was with friends- so these factors made it worth it. Plus, I got to dance in Bobst (my school's library). Pretty cool- not going to lie.
- PURIM PARTY! I went to Jess's and it was so fun! I hadn't seen her in a while and I really liked her friends. Hoping to repeat that soon :)
- Skated! Ok, so it was only once this week, but I am going to step up my game. The session was pretty crowded, but I liked that there were people skating and coaching that I either knew or was friends with. Overall, it was really nice. I also skated ok overall, so I am happy with it.
- FREE BRUNCH at the Law School with Rachel and her friend Alex. The food was pretty good and the inside of the Law School was beautiful- really happy I went. It was a little too school-spirity for my taste, though.
- Stuff at work is still good. Still loving what I am doing and feels good. Speaking of which, my mood has been really good lately, but then again I feel like I have no reason to be upset right now.

Might watch the Oscars if I have time tonight. Otherwise, this week is going to be good but crazy busy like every other week of my life. Starting to do Two Birds, One Stone this week, so looking forward to volunteering :) Everything is good right now and it has been so far throughout the semester, so right now, I am just hoping the good stuff will last.

A domani ragazzi!

No comments:

Post a Comment