Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The usual: ate some food, slept too much, and partied a bit

This past weekend was nice. I was exhausted Friday after work and the gym. I actually had no appetite and was struggling to stay awake, but ate dinner (peppers stuffed with meat and roasted potatoes) made by Kayla with her and Jen at 10 PM. It was really cute- expect for the fact that I could barely keep my eyes open and basically flatlined on our common area floor. 

Saturday, I got hot chocolate at City Bakery with Daniel, went kayaking on the Hudson, hit the gym, and ran some chores. I wanted to go to the Guggenheim for free Saturday night entry/ pay what you wish, but the line literally wrapped all the way about the square of the block and I went home. It was fail. I got m2m for dinner (real ginger in my ginger beer and rice noodles with veggies- sooooo good) because I needed to go grocery shopping and was exhausted. I watched some food tv on Hulu, took a nap, and headed over to the frat house. It was nice to hang out with Jon and I really like the rest of the frat bros. We went to Webster for a little bit (intending on hitting up two EDM performances), but I didn't stay super long. Jon wasn't feeling well and by the time we all headed back to the frat house, I was practically fast asleep. Kayaking + gym + dancing = exhausted Sarah. After hanging out at the frat house a little longer, I headed back to my apartment because I was too tired to function. Most of the boys headed back to Webster and I had a brief conversation with Michelle, Matt, and Daniel. I have no idea why I was so tired.

On Sunday, I literally slept all day. I woke up occasionally to feed myself, but otherwise was pretty much dead. I had the worst head ache ever and my whole body ached- it was really weird. I made myself get up (and stay up for a whole of 5.5 hours!) so I would be able to wake up for work the next day. All I did was go to the gym (I felt so much better after!) and go to dinner with Michelle at Gandhi on Christmas Street. We got so much food and it was so good and I felt so happy. I love food and I hadn't seen Michelle all week, so it was really nice to catch up with her. Once I returned home, we watched some tv. 

We actually watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians last night, too. The episode was so good! Basically on Monday, all I did was go to work, the gym, and make myself food. I fed myself! For lunch yesterday, I went to the Union Square Greenmarket and got one of my favorite treats- mushroom focaccia- sooooo delish. Also momentous for Monday- I watched the pilot episode of Long Island Princesses and it may or may not (it did) change my life. Love love love my trash tv and had the chance to watch.  

For today, I felt kind of meh and walked to work early. One of my goals for the week is to be earlier to work. I also finagled my way into making the agency status breakfast from my choice of venue- Maison Kayser- and everything was so good! My life is semi-complete right now- just saying. Actually, that will likely be the highlight of my day. Later, I am going to Jon's gig. 

In other Sarah news, I am going home for the freakin' weekin'! Very excited for some home cookin' and some dog lovin' (hoping not to get bitten by Pierre again...). My prediction is that I will eat too much food and gain a lot of weight from this upcoming visit. There are probably other things for me to predict or share right now, but I am blanking. 

TBC...

No comments:

Post a Comment