Monday, July 1, 2013

Catch up (ketchup)

This past weekend was kind of amazing. It really felt like one of those weekends that is truly summer- sun, friends, and good food. I was busy, but that was a good thing. I feel so lucky to be surrounded by people who love me. Being in the city living on my own, my friends are literally like my family. I live with them, eat meals with them, and am always asking for advice (on everything). 

Friday (6/21): After work, went out with Jon. We hung out at his friend's place, visited this cool bar/ taco place/ dance situation with weird music in Williamsburg called Union Pool, ran into everyone and their mother (i.e. Jon's sister and friends) on the train back, and then I hung out a little. It was really fun, especially considering how stressed I have been about job stuff- from getting one to actually starting.

Saturday (6/22): I was exhausted from Friday night and slept an inappropriate amount of time during the day. I also went to Tompkins Square Parks with Michelle to tan. It was really relaxing. Later, I got dinner with Michelle and her childhood friend Ali at Virage. Then, I visited Brittany's new apartment for a bit. It was good to catch up with her. Next, I went to The Olivia by Penn Station with Audrey where there was a rooftop apartment party. The view was absolutely insane! I could see the entire cityscape and it was so beautiful. I also love spending time with Audrey and the gang, so that was fun.

Sunday (6/23): Skated and coached a little in the morning. Had a late brunch with Sophie at Cafe Orlin (got the Tunisian Eggs- to die for!). I miss hanging out with Sophie, so it is nice to get to spend more time with her since I have been away so long and she has been busy with fencing stuff. Then, I met up with Jon and Addie to go to a Femi Kuti concert in Central Park. It was really cool because I had never heard his stuff before OR gone to a concert in Central Park, so I have that crossed off my summer to-do list. There were also a ton of people at the concert, so the whole experience was awesome. I had to leave a little early because I had to meet up with Carrie. Carrie is staying with me for the week since her job starts before she can move in to her new apartment and needed a place to stay. It was nice to see her, plus she brought over special Pennsylvania short bread. In addition to Carrie staying over, our other special guest of the week is Kayla's mom's pomeranian Rocco. He is so cute and looks like Boo!

Monday (6/24): Werk and gym. Plus, hanging out with the roomies in the apartment. Never gets old and it is fun to be there. I really love living in NYC with my friends, plus the weather is great. I feel really lucky. 

Tuesday- Friday (6/25 -6/28): Gym and werk. I werk it, if you weren't sure. I also hung out with Daniel, Carrie, Michelle, and Rocco. Highlights include getting a cococone from BGI and pilot sandwich from Xemay. I also (foolishly?) auditioned for #AOLAnchorSearch... (google it)... Oh, and it was Burgerday yet again on Friday.

Friday night (6/28): Went to Jon's frat house and hung out with the frat bros. They are so not fratty at all. We ended up at Union Pool is Williamsburg again. Things happened. 

Saturday (6/29): Slept in, did some chores, and went to a party at Jess's apartment in Bushwick. We sat in the rooftop hot tub and watched fireworks being launched too close to the tops of buildings. I could actually see (some) stars in the sky. The Empire State Building was lit up in rainbow hues since DOMA has been struck down. I also witnessed a girl with a rainbow cape attempting to 'fly' when the subway pushed forward. People stared and I felt bad that she felt the need for attention so badly, but also kind of proud that I live in a city where people literally do anything and everything so that every day is an adventure. Anyways, I stayed out a little too late in Bushwick and headed home a little too early Sunday to 'minton.'

Sunday (6/30): Woke up. Headed over to Jon's. He made us an omelet. We watched the parade and met Rasmus at Washington Square Park, watched more of the parade, and headed over to Stonewall. It started to rain, so we headed back to Jon's. Jon made us sandwiches and we watched the Matrix with Talia. Then, we headed out one last time to watch the parade and partook in a street dance party on Bleeker(?). Rasmus told me his tattoo story, I told Talia a different kind of story, and Talia took lots of pictures. Everyone was happy. Rasmus asked me how I was- and I sincerely told him I was really content because not everything was perfect, but I have nothing I can actually complain about in my life right now. #lucky We also stopped by an artist pop up market somewhere in the West Village and unsurprisingly didn't buy anything. We returned once again to watch more of the Matrix. I left shortly after to get froyo with Daniel. We hit up Pinkberry and it was delicious. 

Side note: I may or may not have left some details out from this weekend's adventures, but I will share that news when the time is right with my public audience (two readers in Russia). Seas of change coming?

Still werking on @unthunkable, as well. One follower besides myself as of right now, but I kind of don't mind. The pathetic state of my following is motivating to do better and write better tweets. 

On another note, @GirlCode is still killing it digitally and I couldn't be more proud that I helped work on this digital project. Love love love the show. So good.

Speaking of good things, this song is out of control: https://soundcloud.com/nopetsallowed/take-a-firefly ... Also, listened to a little bit of yeezus (moses christ).

I love you. Remember that.

xoxo
S

No comments:

Post a Comment