Monday, August 5, 2013

On commitment

Commitment is a funny thing. I sometimes convince myself I know exactly what I want and other times I convince myself I have no idea. I think the truth lies somewhere in between. Then again, would I even be able to tell? Do I want to stay or go or be here or there? I guess it all comes down to how I am feeling- whether I will write or go to the gym or visit a museum. Maybe I just have too many feelings. These feelings include drive to have things and go places and achieve things- what some may call ambition. Too much so like Caesar... Hopefully, there is no Brutus in my life- I only want to surround myself with people who will bring positivity. The scary thing is that you don't know who might hurt you at any given time- or if that is even their intention.

Something else wrangling the depths of my mind: the glow only lasts an hour. What happens when all of the magic fades and there is only normalcy (what could be worse?)? Speaking of normalcy, the gradient really varies so much depending on perspective- just stating the obvious.

--

If all of that was too touchy-feely for you, here is some news.

News!:

Besides work, I met with a new mentor who works at Twitter and gave me some kick ass advice. He basically suggested I write copy for the hell of it and see how it goes. Otherwise, he was super supportive and nice.

I also had an amazing dinner at Capitale Grille in the Theater District for Restaurant Week for Sammie's 21st birthday. Grace, Liliana, Ben, and Alice were there and it was really special. The food was amazing- I got the clam chowder, filet minon, and flourless chocolate espresso cake. My only complaint was that we ate really late- probably got our food around 10:30 PM. I was dying a little, but the food was SOOOOOOO good. After, we played pool in K-Town and it was fun (even though we were all pretty terrible). For part 2 of Sammie's birthday, we went to Santos Party House where we had bottle service. Jon and Adi came, plus Sammie had a fun time. It was nice to spend time with friends.

This weekend, I am going to start coaching again. It is going to be nice, but weird since I haven't coached for the last month or so. Plus, I have barely been riding the subway because I usually just walk to work. Speaking of which, it is so much nicer to walk to work than to ride the subway- even though it takes a little longer. There are just always delays or weird issues and I don't want to deal with it, period.

I feel like I should plan an adventure so I have something nice to look forward to in the upcoming weeks.

TBC...

xoxo
-S



No comments:

Post a Comment