Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Missing my 4 back teeth: My first post

Perhaps to set an odd but accurate tone to this blog, my first post will attempt to be short and explain why I started this new blog now:

It is about 5 AM and I cannot sleep because the pain in my jaw. My 4 wisdom teeth were pulled nearly 48 hours ago and my mouth is still killing me despite the pain medication that I have been prescribed, which is causing me to sleep all day. Like a cat.

Anyways, my odd sleeping schedule will not effect my sleeping patterns too badly as I will be involved in a 22 hour plane journey from JFK -> LAX -> SYD (Sydney, Australia). I will be in Australia for the next 3.5 months studying abroad with NYU. Sydney is 14 hours ahead of NYC time, so it is really like 8 PM there. Hopefully, my teeth will not hurt any more come Friday when I have to leave for the airport.
View of NYC from Met rooftop- memories!

Of course I am excited for Sydney, but I am also filled with many other emotions regarding my leave of absence from the beautiful US of A. I spent my last semester abroad in Florence with NYU and it was a great experience. The two things I wish I did were keep up with photo postings and writing more (ice skating would be a third thing, but that is another post). I have been trying to remedy the situation by starting to keep a journal again this summer, and deciding that if I could keep up with it (I have and it is currently about 42 pages single-spaced), I would commit to starting a blog. Hence, this blog. [Also, I had major computer issues including the death of 3 laptops and one email hacking in the last 5 months-nbd]. Yet dear reader, I would like to inform you that I have had blogs before, but not one where I felt I could use as a general platform (aka not a 'I'm a Freshman in College!' or 'Food' specific blog, just whatever I feel like writing and sharing). This will be the current resting place of my thoughts/moments/ memories to share, like this amazing summer filled with berries and brunch, which the flowers below remind me of at Roses Berry Farm in Glastonbury, CT.

Anyways, I might share oldie-but-goodie photos, articles, and other things every once in a while; things that interest me or make me laugh; and of course, the latest in the life and times of SarahEvaK. Follow me @SarahEvaK on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment