Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sydney Harbor Cruise and some other things

Sydney is absolutely amazing so far! The people are super friendly, but also very cheeky, which I definitely appreciate.



Yesterday, I went on harbour tea cruise and got to see all of the coast of Sydney. Plus, there were great views of the Sydney Opera house and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. We drank coffee and ate sweets, like a lamming ton, which is a square piece of yellow cake covered in chocolate and coconut (so good!). After, I went out with some friends to a few bars, which was fun. 

Olympic Welcome Home Parade

Yesterday, I went to the Welcome Home Olympic Parade and went on harbour tea cruise and got to see all of the coast of Sydney. Plus, there were great views of the Sydney Opera house and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. We drank coffee and ate sweets, like a lamming ton, which is a square piece of yellow cake covered in chocolate and coconut (so good!). After, I went out with some friends to a few bars, which was fun.
View walking along Sydney Harbor

Today, I went on a run around gorgeous Darling Harbor with my friends Jimmy and Jon. I think we are starting a bit of a running club. I want morning runs in Sydney to be something I stick with, which will be easy with friends motivating me to run with them. After, I traveled to Paddington (a cute suburb neighborhood with cute boutiques and cafes) to stop by my internship at a public relations firm. I am excited to start because most of my work with have a social media and fashion focus. After, I went with my school to visit our academic building for the first time. It is called Science House and is in The Rocks area of Sydney. It was built in the 1930s(?) and is gorgeous art deco style on the inside (a historic landmark with carved stone floor and high Victorian style white ceilings). It seems like a fancy place balls would be held, but was actually the home to chemical storage and science experiments back in the day. I also found out I am going on two trips for a few days with my school during my time in Sydney: one in Armidale and one in Canberra. After, we went on a tour of The Rocks from a historical perspective and learned about the prosperous, but deadly lives of early convicts in Australia and about past hopes for building a utopian society. Again, once I sit down to type, I feel tired (though I have yet to feel jet lagged!).

An 'Aboriginee' playing a digeridoo for tourists 
Also, if you want to read a hilarious (and slightly non-pc...) rendition of NYU Sydney, read my friend Jimmy's blog: kangaroosbebitchin.tumblr.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment