Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wollongong

I went to Wollongong on Saturday to see the Bangarra Dance Theatre live (a mix of aboriginal and contemporary dance), but I was so tired, I fell asleep. I didn't want to waste the gorgeous day, so after I went with some friends to the beach at Wollongong where we ran around in the sand and water (and explored a bit). We also walked through a more shallow area of water surrounded by rocks, where we saw an octopus that changed colors and Ben recorded it with his camera (epic). We met a girl named Tamara who studies nursing at the University of Wollongong (but lives in Sydney and commutes), who we grilled all about living in Sydney and Australia- everything from tv shows she watched (not the Shire, but Home Improvement and Friends) to food she liked to eat (Thai). She was so sweet. Everyone here is so nice, it is almost unreal.

Sunday, I went to the open produce market (Paddy's) and got some food. Then, I went on a picnic in Darlinghurst at Rush Cutter's Park with Patrick where we ate chips and dips with his Australian friends. It was such a gorgeous day and the park was right at the edge of the water (but it seems everything is on water here). Patrick's friends are super fun and nice, so it was a good time all around. Now, I am looking forward to starting classes on Monday and starting my internship on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment