Thursday, August 16, 2012

Spring 2012: NYU's campus in Florence, Italy

It is so weird to think that as an NYU student, I actually got to have a campus experience, but only because I left the country. The villas are gorgeous and going to class never seemed too bad (except for walking up and down the long hill every day to get to the academic building, nicknamed the Valley of Death because it literally takes your breath away from steepness). This is where I learned and studied last semester and I know I am spoiled. It was beautiful. In a few hours, I will be departing for the first leg of my journey to Sydney. I am leaving from JFK and will leave my colonial New England hometown tomorrow afternoon. I am excited and already packed The Lovely Bones and The Happiness Project as reads for the plane ride (22 hour journey including layover in LA, but not including driving to airport and getting there early!). Wish me luck on my new not-campus in the land down under!








The Valley of Death leading into Villa Natalia

No comments:

Post a Comment