Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Barangaroo and Gruen Planet

I am back to class/ "real life," yet all I am doing this week is field trips. I have 5. That is serious. Anyways, yesterday I went to learn about the new Barangaroo development in the Sydney Harbor area. It was interesting, but I thought the coolest part of the development is that the cultural center they are building will be underground because of high rise laws and aesthetic value reasons. Today, I worked on a presentation for my Global Media class focusing on ethics, wrote 2 articles for the Washington Square News, and attended the taping on Gruen Planet. Gruen Planet is an ABC (Australian Broadcasting Network) show about media, marketing, and advertising. The host, Wil Anderson, is a hilarious 38-year-old who really liked engaging the audience. I attended as a field trip, which I had been slightly concerned about, but I am really happy I went because it was so funny and interesting. It seems like a show that I would love to watch and even work for. I actually realized that I would love to work in television and might even take a Tisch producing class next semester if I still am keen in a week and a month and later :) Wil reminded me a lot of Jon Stewart in the sense that he was such a quick and funny tv host. I would love to be part of something so fun, snarky, and on a topic I am obsessed with like media and marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment