Friday, October 26, 2012

Sydney Opera House and Kurnell Peninsula

A bit of meandering around the Rocks in the afternoon yesterday, I was off for a night of swankiness. We met at Establishment on George Street for drinks and nibbles 'dressed to impress' and then walked over to the Sydney Opera House. We watched BBC's Planet Earth in Concert with the Sydney Metropolitan Opera serenading us to the clips of sliding polar bears, leaping dolphins, and the evasive snow leopard. It was actually amazing and I was happily surprised.

Today, I had another all day field trip with my Journalism class. We went to Kurnell Peninsula to learn about the environmental issues there and went around Cronulla Beach. It was nice, but kind of cloudy. We had a nice tour guide who had a variety of taxidermy-ed native animals for reference so he could talk about them better. You know, how every teachers discusses animals. Besides that, I got a falafel and chai smoothie for lunch and it was magical. After the field trip, I went to the gym and did some reading for class. I say some because I actually spent way more time applying for internships for next semester than doing homework, which calms my anxiety.

Tomorrow I am off to the Blue Mountains for another full day of business :)

No comments:

Post a Comment