Sunday, September 9, 2012

A day at Featherdale Wildlife Park

Today, I went with most of my school program to Featherdale Wildlife Park, which is basically a zoo that lets visitors pet the animals. We had all been wanting to pet kangaroos and koalas and we got our wish. The park had tons of different kinds of animals, including dingoes, alligators, snakes, ducks, owls, and penguins. However, we made sure to pet and feed the wallabys, wallaroos, kangaroos, koalas (ok- only pet the koalas, but whatever), goats, sheep, and cows. It was really fun and nice to get out of the city for a bit and pet some adorable animals. On my rating of softest animal I pet at the park, the kangaroo is a winner. The only other time I pet kangaroos was in Israel at Gan GaRoo (translates to Kangaroo Garden), which is an open area full of kangaroos, wallabies, and such. Today was another good day and I realized my trip to Armidale is coming up. That is do be continued...


Wallabys

Sleeping wombat

Sleeping koala (sleep about 20 hours of the day)

kangaroos!


No comments:

Post a Comment