Thursday, September 6, 2012

@VogueOz #FNO like a Sydney-sider

Thursday was absolutely crazy. I started my day watching Canadian cartoons at the gym, did some homework, went to class, quickly ate lunch, paid for my fall break to go to the Outback (so excited!) with some friends, and then went out for Sydney's Fashion's Night Out. I ironically have never done FNO in NYC, but it is a new habit I will take a hold of. I started with a big group heading towards ASOS with a major game plan in mind, but we went to Hermes first. We got salted carmel popcorn, se several fancy drinks, scented leather wristbands, and even a goody bag. The waiters were super hot and a whole bunch of fashion editors from magazines like Vogue walked in right after us. I ended up splitting from the group because I was going to meet my supervisor at the store for one of our major clients, so I walked over to the different mall with just one friend- Haleigh. We were a little early and decided to get some more free drinks and food at a few other stores. For example, Coach and Jigsaw had cupcakes, whereas almost every single store had champagne. I had a macaroon, candy, turkish delight, chocolates, and then the 2 fancy cupcakes- it was really exciting to get so much free stuff for just showing up to a store. It was also fun to see showed up in what clothes. I love looking at what people are wearing, and going out to the stores was a good idea because I pass by a lot of the stores every day to go to class, but never stop in because a lot of the items are thousands of dollars/ unaffordable for the average bear. Anyways, my supervisor had an emergency press release to write about a model falling on the runway and the Auckland mayor helping her up, so I was left to represent my communications agency. At the store, there was a beautiful shirtless man with candy that women kept approaching to ask out on dates (but he was married), fairy floss (cotton candy), and lollipops. Haleigh had a good conversation with a tranny who I convinced to buy an elegant green dress. I left after the 1 hour time commitment I had to make and mingling with people in store (as well as taking some photos). My plan was to go to a few more stores like Prada, Gucci, and Burberry, but as I started walking over to the OTHER mall (this amuses me because there are literally 5 malls on every corner of the street) with the expensive stores, I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep (even though I had also planned on going to Tranny Bingo (bingo with trannies as announcers) with friends and University of Sydney kids after additional shopping). I slowly but surely put one foot in front of the other until I reached my room (it felt like forever in my 5 inch platform ASOS wedges) and fell asleep at the embarrassing hour of 7:30 PM. I woke up around 12:30 and did some reading for my journalism class because I couldn't sleep. Then, I ate 2 packages of ramen because alcohol and chocolate isn't really dinner. Haliegh and Jon had gone to Tranny Bingo and got back as I started on my first ramen creation. They are rice, vegetables, and microwaved blue pancakes from a mix (it is a Doctor Who thing apparently). Anyways, they had a good time while I was sleeping. After Tranny Bingo at Kings Cross, they got tea pots (like fish bowls that are basically straight alcohol) and shots, and then went dancing at World Bar. I will go out with them next time, but I was really tired for some reason. I have my internship tomorrow and I should go to sleep. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment