Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lazy Sunday

I think it is in my nature to worry and think I am never doing enough- I could always be doing more of something. I bought a few groceries before my trip to the outback (very excited! and I leave Thursday), did my laundry, and cleaned my room a bit. I also finished quite a bit of homework, so I felt that it was a well deserved trip to Bondi Beach after skyping with the parents this morning. The beach was really nice- but then again, it seems like every day's weather is nice in Sydney compared to the 4 seasons of New England, USA. For the rest of the weekend besides chores and reading for class, it was lots of tv and relaxing- the way I like to spend my time. I feel like I should be trying to get ahead in my work all the time, but the saner part of me tells myself to chill out and live a little. I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do my last week in Sydney. I was thinking about either volunteering or traveling some more, but I think volunteering won't work out. I need to look into it more, but it seems like positions are either for events or long-term commitments. I will look a bit harder, but I am not seeing anything promising so far. In terms of travel ideas, I am thinking Nadi, Fiji or Christchruch, New Zealand. I still really want to go to Phuket or Bali, but I keep telling myself I can go when I am older because the flight prices are so much more expensive than to Nadi or Christchurch from Sydney. I am also thinking about staying in Australia and doing either Gold Coast or Brisbane. I also want to go to Melbourne, but I think that it is something that I might do for a weekend rather than a few days time. I could also stay in Sydney and chill at the beach all day, but I am trying to really take advantage of my time here and consider many possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment