Monday, September 3, 2012

Reading, reading, and more reading

I have been doing lots of reading lately (if not obvious from the title of this post). Monday, I went to the New South Wales State Library with my Journalism class, but I actually didn't do any reading there. We got a tour of the library, which was beautiful. It is the second oldest library in Australia (after the library in Canberra). There are two halves- one is modern and one is old. They are very different, but both seem like good places to do research. The only problem is that I am in love with Google, but I guess getting a tour and an update on Australian research databases was a must, even though the explanation and tour ran a bit long. The shelves in the old half are stack all the way around a large room with multiple levels you need to walk up rickety ladder-like stairs to reach and the whole room looks like a cathedral with high ceilings, a marbelized floor styled with angels and as a map of Australia, wooden paneling on the walls, and tons of gorgeous stained glass and clear glass doors given to the library by dukes and princes. There are cozier rooms in the old half of the library with old oil paintings and Victorian style  chairs (with a fireplace!), but most of them are closed to the public. After visiting the gorgeous library, the class grabbed a coffee in a nearby cafe, and walked back to the academic center where we created a blog for the class (OZoneNYU.wordpress.com). I am presenting next week, which means I will have to post on it first. I am a bit nervous. My second class for the day was cancelled, which I found a bit annoying. I planned on going to the gym and paying for fall break, but ended up just reading for fun the rest of the day. I finished my homework for the week the day before and thought I deserved some me- time. It was nice. I also got some pancakes at the Urbanest common area and made soup, which I had for breakfast this morning. Today, I am at my internship, but most of the office is away for New Zealand Fashion Week. I need to figure out my fall break plans soon, and it is stressing me out. However, I know I am definitely going to the Great Barrier Reef in November with my friend Jon and a few other people- I just have to go pay for that today after I am done with my internship. I should get back to work...

A domani!

No comments:

Post a Comment